Dispatches from the Swamp ... July 2012

 Well -  unless you've been lucky enough to have spent the summer in any country other than the UK, you won't need me to tell you what a washout our summer has been. Here in Shropshire we've had about two dry days since the beginning of May. Still we bear up. It's been good writing weather. All the same I'm hoping the sun shines for the Olympics. We have tickets to see .. da da .. the women's modern pentathlon. In which (I'm reliably informed) we have a gold medal hope. So there. 
I'm working out my notice for the company where I've worked for the past eight and a half years. I'll be sorry to leave. But then again I won't. It's like that thing with the shark ... you have to keep swimming or else you drown; and right now I'm taking on water. When you're not enjoying a job, then it's time to leave. That's true isn't it? Besides, life is about new experiences, and new people, and I'm ready for a little of both.

Some covers to share with you. First the paperback suggestions for Max Ponder. I've tweeted these and the overwhelming response seems to favour the cover on the left. The 'comedy' cover I call it. But I'm not so sure. I really like the darker cover. It makes Max a real person not just a cartoon; and it shows some blood. What do you think? 
The other cover design is the visual for the Coincidence Authority. Now this one I love. There's a pivotal scene in the story when Azalea's future is determined by a seagull. Now here's the gull on the book cover. It's as close to perfect as I can imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wager and the Bear [Posted 29th Feb 2024]

  It's leap-year day so I have an announcement. My climate-crisis novel, 'The Wager and the Bear,' is to be published by Fly on ...